Church PDF Magazines not Readable on iPad

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
accampbell

Church PDF Magazines not Readable on iPad

Post by accampbell »

The PDF versions of the church magazines frequently have images that have black boxes around them. The boxes cover the text and make it unreadable. This has been this way for months and I have checked it out on other iPads. It appears that the transparent portions around the images turn black when converted to PDF. Check out pages 30-31 of the March 2011 Ensign for a prime example of this issue. I am viewing the magazines in iBooks, but It also does the same thing in iPad's Safari browser when viewing the PDF there. Please make sure the appropriate department is notified so this can be fixed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

accampbell wrote:The PDF versions of the church magazines frequently have images that have black boxes around them. The boxes cover the text and make it unreadable. This has been this way for months and I have checked it out on other iPads. It appears that the transparent portions around the images turn black when converted to PDF. Check out pages 30-31 of the March 2011 Ensign for a prime example of this issue. I am viewing the magazines in iBooks, but It also does the same thing in iPad's Safari browser when viewing the PDF there.
This has been reported previously here.
accampbell wrote:Please make sure the appropriate department is notified so this can be fixed.
This is just a community forum. We have no particular means for notifying the appropriate department.

If you'd like to report it, I'd suggest you use the Submit Feedback link on lds.org, and choose "Magazines" as the topic.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
accampbell

Post by accampbell »

I have done that twice. No change yet. I just called and left a message at church magazines...hopefully the right place...and I emailed ensign@LDS.org and explained the issue. I still hope that someone from the Magazine Department, or someone who knows people in that department will see this post and share the problem so it can be resolved.

Return to “Main Church Website”