Workaround to fix calendar sync problems

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BellMR

Post by BellMR »

stangwin wrote:Anyone had any luck getting your subscribed "other" calendar in Google Calendars to show up on your Calendar App on your iPhone?

I can select it just fine from my m.google.com sync list, but it never shows up on my actual Calendar App.

The other suggestions from this and the other thread both worked well. Thanks.
Yes, I have had success with this. The one that I have had for a long time is the "US Holidays" calendar which I subscribe to. You may be getting it down, but need to tell you iPhone to display it. Try pressing the "Calendars" button in the top left of the app calendar screen, this shows you all calendars that are available and you can put check marks next to the ones you want displayed. Maybe this is obvious, but its the only thing that I can think of that would be the problem if you do have google calendars syncing and you enabled it on m.google.com/sync
marmat

Post by marmat »

While this works, my fear is that those that are using this temporary solution, and that domain, what happens if that domain expires or has another issue? Does the Church own that domain or planning to purchase it? If many rely on this temp solution, it may cause issues down the road. Just a thought. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marmat wrote:While this works, my fear is that those that are using this temporary solution, and that domain, what happens if that domain expires or has another issue? Does the Church own that domain or planning to purchase it? If many rely on this temp solution, it may cause issues down the road. Just a thought. Thanks.

Ultimately, the hope is that the church and/or Google figure out what it takes to make things work. When the temporary domain expires, we all go back to the link that should have worked in the first place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mudgester

calendar

Post by mudgester »

having trouble getting calendar to sync with google calendar, went into the add by url and does not bring events over, any clues what I can do?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mudgester wrote:having trouble getting calendar to sync with google calendar, went into the add by url and does not bring events over, any clues what I can do?
If you are using the URL from the Sync page of the new Calendar on lds.org, then your experience is typical -- no one seems to be able to get that to work at this point.

But have you tried the Workaround to fix calendar sync problems that is the subject of this thread? That seems to work for most (but not all) people who try it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gyoungberg

Post by gyoungberg »

I've tried both the link from the Sync page on lds.org, as well as the workaround. Still can't get it to work for me. I'm posting this just so I can find this thread again when it gets completely fixed. I am SO looking forward to it!
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

gyoungberg wrote:I've tried both the link from the Sync page on lds.org, as well as the workaround. Still can't get it to work for me. I'm posting this just so I can find this thread again when it gets completely fixed. I am SO looking forward to it!

Private-message me and tell me what link you were using for the work-around
gyoungberg

Post by gyoungberg »

Check your inbox. And thanks for the offer of help! :)
barneja

Thank you !

Post by barneja »

The only way it works for me is using the workaround . . . I initially tried using [url]http://,[/url] but will try later today on my wife's account using https:// first . . .

Thanks Again . . .
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

gyoungberg wrote:Check your inbox. And thanks for the offer of help! :)
Now check your inbox - I know it's not always obvious when a message is waiting. I've sent a reply telling you which is the correct URL. Google had never made a request for your calendar according to my logs, so try again with the correct URL and see if that works.

Return to “Calendar”