Changes in available tools on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Chrisrpeterson

Changes in available tools on LDS.org

Post by Chrisrpeterson »

I am in a Bishopric and previously I had some tools available below Patriarchal Blessing that let me access similar tools/ reports that are in the MLS in the clerks office (i.e.- with & without callings). I haven't logged in for a week or so, but now I do not have those options.

Any Ideas? Is this something that can be changed at the Stake level, or something with LDS.org?

Thanks
--
Chris Peterson
chrisrpeterson@gmail.com
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Chrisrpeterson wrote:I am in a Bishopric and previously I had some tools available below Patriarchal Blessing that let me access similar tools/ reports that are in the MLS in the clerks office (i.e.- with & without callings). I haven't logged in for a week or so, but now I do not have those options.
When I'm not logged in that is the way I see it too. You might try going to the directory so you know your logged in and then look at the tools menu.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I'm currently serving as a bishop - and I also note the lack of the leadership tools from the menu, among a load of other things. They must be doing an update or something.
Chrisrpeterson

Post by Chrisrpeterson »

Good to know that I am not alone. I was able to approve a photo, so I know that I was logged in. Thanks!
--
Chris Peterson
chrisrpeterson@gmail.com
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Chrisrpeterson wrote:Good to know that I am not alone. I was able to approve a photo, so I know that I was logged in. Thanks!

The menu options leading to the Leader Portal do seem to be down right now for some reason. I expect it's temporary. However, you should be able to still access the tools themselves by going directly to https://lds.org/leader (at least that works for me).
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

neither are currently working for me
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The same for me!! Hopefully a few more resouces are being made available.
jcarper

Still a problem

Post by jcarper »

As of this morning, May 21st, this is still an issue. I serve as the Stake Clerk, but cannot get to many of the tools.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

There is a new link below the "Request Patriarichal blessing" section, "see all tools."

When you click it on, it goes to a new area. "Tools for your calling" and "tools for general memebers."

"The tools for your calling" doesn't give me any options yet, but it is there.

edit adding: At the top is the header: "LDS.org provides a number of useful online tools. Browse below to see how they can help you in your life."

Help me "in my "life?"

Just struck me as odd. Suggest just leaving that phrase off.
mwchesley

Post by mwchesley »

This problem appears to be spreading. During the past week I've had access to all my normal calling-related tools. (I'm a ward executive secretary.) Now this morning I find myself in the same position as the original poster. Only the tools intended for the general membership are there for me today. I can tell that I'm logged in properly and that the proper rights are associated with my ldsaccount because when I go to Directory I can manage photos and edit members' profiles. Any idea what's going on?

UPDATE: Things are not as bad as they first appear. This url https://lds.org/leaders seems to be working. It does give an error message "Sorry, the requested file does not exist - LDS.org", but the reports and tools on the page appear to work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”