Managing Resources

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeaninedenton

Managing Resources

Post by jeaninedenton »

I am the building scheduler trying to learn the new calendar system. It doesn't let me manage the locations and resources because I can't find a way to sign in as an administrator. What do I do?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeaninedenton wrote:I am the building scheduler trying to learn the new calendar system. It doesn't let me manage the locations and resources because I can't find a way to sign in as an administrator. What do I do?
With the new Calendar system, there is no special administrator login. Rather, everyone simply logs in to lds.org using their LDS Account. Then you will have permissions to do things in the Calendar system based on your calling and any specific assignments that have been made.

In the case of a building scheduler, a calendar Approver (a member of the bishopric or a clerk or executive secretary at the ward level, stake presidency or a clerk or executive secretary at the stake level) has to specifically designate you as a building scheduler for a particular location (building). Once that has been done, you'll have access to manage resources for that location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:In the case of a building scheduler, a calendar Approver (a member of the bishopric or a clerk or executive secretary at the ward level, stake presidency or a clerk or executive secretary at the stake level) has to specifically designate you as a building scheduler for a particular location (building). Once that has been done, you'll have access to manage resources for that location.
The stake approvers are the only ones who can designate a building scheduler. But I would guess that the agent bishop for the location submits the name for consideration by the stake presidency. Currently a building scheduler must be designated manually as it has not yet tied to an MLS calling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”