Preparing for the Calendar 2.0 Release

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership
Provo, Utah
Provo YSA 217th Ward, Provo Utah YSA 15th Stake
FransonSR

Post by FransonSR »

I would like to participate. I am an out-of-unit stake clerk for a YSA stake in Provo, Utah.
jamesehamman

Post by jamesehamman »

I am the Stake Administrator, Mesa Az. Happy to look/use the Stake calendar.
RigdonCJ

Post by RigdonCJ »

I'm interested. Ward Clerk, Sandy, UT
mwgbell

Post by mwgbell »

I am interested in participating. STS / Assistant Stake Clerk in Henderson, NV
jeremy05

Post by jeremy05 »

I, too, am interested.
mhenrichs3

Post by mhenrichs3 »

Ward Exec Sec / Website Admin from Connecticut interested in testing the 2.0 sandbox environment
sgoodmansen

Post by sgoodmansen »

I'd love to help out. I'm a former STS that set up the calendar at the beginning of the year and provided training to ward clerks. Now I'm the 1st counselor in a Bishopric.
joelbarrow

Post by joelbarrow »

I'd like to help as well. I'm an out-of-unit Bishop serving in a YSA Ward. I would also like to have my ward web admin help. I'll get him to sign up as well.
Pettyd

Calendar 2.0

Post by Pettyd »

I would like to participate in Calendar 2.0. I am our Ward Administrator. Henderson, Nv.
jdcr256 wrote:The Local Unit Calendar development team is in the final stretches of development for Calendar 2.0. This is an exciting release for us that should improve usability throughout the application.

In order to ensure a smooth transition when we release the new calendar, we are inviting the members of LDSTech to help us work out the kinks before the official release. In the next several weeks we hope to release the new application into a type of sandbox environment where you can get access to try it out.

Our hope is that those of you who are admin users in your units will take the time to kick the tires for us. As an incentive, we hope to provide those assisting us with a more direct line of communication to the development team - a chance to ensure your gripes are heard by us... ;)

The purpose of this post today is to gauge the interest in participating in such a program. Please respond to let us know if you are interested.

Obviously, those who are default admins in their stake/district or ward/branch will be most helpful. We may implement a mechanism whereby we can grant admin rights to specific users who want to contribute.

We hope to get a variety of users from multiple time zones. And if you live or work in (or regularly travel to) a different time zone than that of your local ward house, we especially need your help.

Finally, if you are an out-of-unit leader (e.g. Bishopric member or clerk in a singles ward, etc.), your input is also valuable.

The sandbox environment we hope to implement will probably contain an import of data from the production version of the Local Unit Calendar, but any new data entered during this testing phase will not be preserved when the 2.0 calendar goes live.

If you are interested, please respond and indicate your calling (or just whether you have a stake/ward admin calling or not) and the general area you live in. Your feedback here will help us decide if and how to implement this test program, so tell your friends.

Return to “Calendar”