New Bishop

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:42 am
Location: Vacaville, CA USA

New Bishop


Post by mklobaas »


I am the stake clerk. Through MLS, I tried to update the ward's new bishopric, but I do not see how to make the changes. Can you baby-talk me through the process.

Many thanks,

Michael Klobas
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:12 am
Location: Gilbert, Arizona, USA

New Bishop


Post by poultier »

Let the ward update it thru their callings.
Community Administrator
Posts: 32083
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.


Post by russellhltn »

Top level positions are done by the stake using the Unit and Leader Change Request
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA


Post by jonesrk »

The Bishop only is done from the stake level using the Unit and Leader Change Request and the councilors are done at the ward level like any other calling.
Community Moderators
Posts: 8926
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX


Post by jdlessley »

poultier wrote:Let the ward update it thru their callings.
While the ward can change the name of the bishop in the ward MLS it is only temporary and it will not propagate through the system to update Church records or the CDOL. As RussellHltn states the LUCR must be used for certain top leader, or tier 1, positions of which the bishop is one. The councilors are tier 2 and can be updated using ward MLS.
mklobaas wrote:Can you baby-talk me through the process.
Find the MLS LUCR at Other Resources > Leader and Unit Change Request > Ward Leader and Unit Change Request.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the Help Center?
Post Reply

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”