How/Where to change the several phones numbers listed on Ward info

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jordanchristensen

Post by jordanchristensen »

Can someone clarify for me? I am the executive secretary in our ward and I need to change my Bishop's work phone number (or help him do it) that is listed as on the maps.lds.org when you search for our ward. In the CDOL, that number is not even listed, only his home number so I don't imagine it is pulling from there. In the Wiki, it mentions that it needs to be done on the MLS computer, but I searched high and low for the place but couldn't find it. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Maps_help/en#Ward_leader.27s_name_or_contact_information_is_wrong)

Any direction or better, definitive answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jordanchristensen wrote:Can someone clarify for me? I am the executive secretary in our ward and I need to change my Bishop's work phone number (or help him do it) that is listed as on the maps.lds.org when you search for our ward. In the CDOL, that number is not even listed, only his home number so I don't imagine it is pulling from there. In the Wiki, it mentions that it needs to be done on the MLS computer, but I searched high and low for the place but couldn't find it.
Since you can't see it in the CDOL or MLS, it might requires using the Leader and Unit Change Request from the stake MLS
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible if your Bishop signed into the CDOL, he could add his work number there and it would flow to the maps. I can see a work number for my Stake President, so I know it supports that field. And I assume there's probably some connectivity/sync from there to Maps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JonesRK wrote:You change that with the Leader and Unit Change Request from the stake MLS.
RussellHltn wrote:It's possible if your Bishop signed into the CDOL, he could add his work number there
Either of these two paths should work. The bishop can change it directly at CDOL, or the stake clerk can change it in MLS and do a Send/Receive to update CDOL. It should flow from there.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”