New Forum Layout

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed that "Church Web Sites" doesn't have an icon. It makes it easy to over look new posts in that area. I do see a micro icon for the individual sections. And that icon changes color, but it's still easy to miss.
That is because "Church Web Sites" is now a sub-category of "Projects" and hosts forums itself.

Tom
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

How's it different from "Current or Future Church Technologies"?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Oh and tom I have noticed the little computer was added to the list of icons under a person's name (in posts) which is suppose to have the person's IP but the only IP being reported is your gateway IP.
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

kgthunder wrote:How's it different from "Current or Future Church Technologies"?

I think it is because the Technology section deals with new techs that could be put in use with the church and does not deal with implementation, but the church website is to deal with directly those specific implementations of technology.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thedqs wrote:Oh and tom I have noticed the little computer was added to the list of icons under a person's name (in posts) which is suppose to have the person's IP but the only IP being reported is your gateway IP.
I don't see a little computer icon...
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

On some fourms it is disabled but here is your recent post in another thread.

I even moused over the icon so you can see the information.
Attachments
mkpost.jpg
(45.09 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
- David
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

thedqs wrote:I think it is because the Technology section deals with new techs that could be put in use with the church and does not deal with implementation, but the church website is to deal with directly those specific implementations of technology.
My question was why "Church Websites" has sub-forums and has NO icon, but "Current or Future Church Technologies" also has sub-forums but DOES have an icon?
opee

Forum Taxonomy image and New Posts suggestions

Post by opee »

It would be nice to post the image (or an easy-to-find link to it) of the site taxonomy somewhere on the Forum page for those of us who are visual learners. I think that it is a great way to show the way the Forums are divided, and can be considered a simple form for some to look at.

It would also be nice to have the header of "User CP, Projects, FAQ, etc.." posted also at the bottom of the pages. I find myself using the "New Posts" link frequently, and I always have to scroll back up to the top to access the refreshed "New Posts" after reading new ones.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

opee wrote:It would be nice to post the image (or an easy-to-find link to it) of the site taxonomy somewhere on the Forum page for those of us who are visual learners. I think that it is a great way to show the way the Forums are divided, and can be considered a simple form for some to look at.
You mean like on the Forum homepage? I think that's a pretty good idea...
opee wrote:It would also be nice to have the header of "User CP, Projects, FAQ, etc.." posted also at the bottom of the pages. I find myself using the "New Posts" link frequently, and I always have to scroll back up to the top to access the refreshed "New Posts" after reading new ones.
It would be nice to have that toolbar both at the top and bottom. However, I do have a solution for you that I use. In my User Control Panel, I changed the option to reverse the sorting of posts (most recent at the top). So by the time I'm at the end of the thread, I'm back at the top ready to hit New Posts again.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

mkmurray wrote:However, I do have a solution for you that I use. In my User Control Panel, I changed the option to reverse the sorting of posts (most recent at the top). So by the time I'm at the end of the thread, I'm back at the top ready to hit New Posts again.

Interesting I just hit the Home Key to get to the top again. But you might even have a scrolling menu bar that follows you as you scroll, though depending on how it is done, it could be more annoying then helpful.
- David

Return to “General Discussions”