Social Networking Survey

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

Social Networking Survey

Post by WelchTC »

When I was working at Linspire, I worked with a brilliant guy by the name of Yvan Go. He is currently in a masters program at the European School of Management and Technology in Berlin, Germany. He has asked that if we, as an LDS technology community, would be willing to take a survey about social networking. I've reviewed the survey and feel that it would be excellent data to have and so I invite you to take the survey if you are willing. You can find it at http://esmt.social.sgizmo.com. I'll ask Yvan to post the results if possible once the survey is done. As the Church investigates and looks to implement more social networking capabilities in our sites, we can benefit from this type of general information.

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All I get is a "Thanks for Taking Our Survey... ". Did it just want to know something about our computer?
yvan-p40

Post by yvan-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:All I get is a "Thanks for Taking Our Survey... ". Did it just want to know something about our computer?
This should work now. I have recheck the survey settings. If you continue to have issues, please let me know.

Thanks again for your input.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, it worked, but I found some thing odd. For example, in Question #2, it allowed me to select multiple answer (hot much time spent in social software.) I'd think there would only be one answer.

I also found the survey "suggested" answers by creating defaults which influenced my answers.

I found the "based on 100 points question rather odd. Seems like it would be difficult to make sure it all added up to 100.

I was also confused by having "neutral" between "important" and "slightly important". It doesn't strike me as a linear order of importance.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

I filled out the survey and am anxious to see the results. We are implementing social networking in various forms at work and it would be nice to have some user input.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

yvan wrote:This should work now. I have recheck the survey settings. If you continue to have issues, please let me know.

I'm still getting the "Thanks for Taking Our Survey" message...
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

mkmurray wrote:I'm still getting the "Thanks for Taking Our Survey" message...
You might try clearing your cache, if you haven't already. I just took the survey and didn't have any problems. (Firefox browser)
cannona-p40

Post by cannona-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:I'm still getting the "Thanks for Taking Our Survey" message...
Same here.

Aaron
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

bhofmann wrote:You might try clearing your cache, if you haven't already. I just took the survey and didn't have any problems. (Firefox browser)
I hit the page this morning from a different computer than the one I used last night, so it's not caching. I am on IE7.
brockbankdm-p40

Not fixed. I get the same "Thanks for taking our survey" message

Post by brockbankdm-p40 »

Not fixed. I get the same "Thanks for taking our survey" message
yvan wrote:This should work now. I have recheck the survey settings. If you continue to have issues, please let me know.

Return to “General Discussions”