Preparing for the Calendar 2.0 Release

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RichardJMarlatt

Post by RichardJMarlatt »

I would love to help out. I am the Executive Secretary in my ward.
forrjoel

Post by forrjoel »

I'd love to participate in testing. Ward clerk in WA and I frequently travel to numerous time zones for work.
jimwells

Post by jimwells »

I am very interested. I am the Stake Exec Secretary in the Bremerton Washington Stake and in charge of calendaring.
gdnabors

Count me in for the sandbox.

Post by gdnabors »

Stake Clerk - Houston
todrobbins

Post by todrobbins »

I'm interested as well. I'm a Sunday School president if that is useful at all.
dtolputt

I'm interested in helping.

Post by dtolputt »

I'm a Councilor in the Bishopric and Assistant Stake Clerk from Brisbane Australia. These 2 callings cause problems with using the calendar. I'd like to help with testing.
bradpete

Post by bradpete »

I would also like to be included in the Calendar evaluation. I am a ward clerk in Roy, Utah and we will be doing all of our 2012 calendaring online
gsgentry

Please Add Me!

Post by gsgentry »

I am the Stake Web Administrator for The Winston-Salem Stake located in the Winston-Salem, Nc. area.

Geoffery Gentry
ggentry@surry.net
336 429-2738

Please advise me with details on how to have access. Thanks,

Brother Geoffrey Gentry

jdcr256 wrote:The Local Unit Calendar development team is in the final stretches of development for Calendar 2.0. This is an exciting release for us that should improve usability throughout the application.

In order to ensure a smooth transition when we release the new calendar, we are inviting the members of LDSTech to help us work out the kinks before the official release. In the next several weeks we hope to release the new application into a type of sandbox environment where you can get access to try it out.

Our hope is that those of you who are admin users in your units will take the time to kick the tires for us. As an incentive, we hope to provide those assisting us with a more direct line of communication to the development team - a chance to ensure your gripes are heard by us... ;)

The purpose of this post today is to gauge the interest in participating in such a program. Please respond to let us know if you are interested.

Obviously, those who are default admins in their stake/district or ward/branch will be most helpful. We may implement a mechanism whereby we can grant admin rights to specific users who want to contribute.

We hope to get a variety of users from multiple time zones. And if you live or work in (or regularly travel to) a different time zone than that of your local ward house, we especially need your help.

Finally, if you are an out-of-unit leader (e.g. Bishopric member or clerk in a singles ward, etc.), your input is also valuable.

The sandbox environment we hope to implement will probably contain an import of data from the production version of the Local Unit Calendar, but any new data entered during this testing phase will not be preserved when the 2.0 calendar goes live.

If you are interested, please respond and indicate your calling (or just whether you have a stake/ward admin calling or not) and the general area you live in. Your feedback here will help us decide if and how to implement this test program, so tell your friends.
tazmancoder

Calendar 2.0

Post by tazmancoder »

I am interested in testing as well. Im a ward admin and ward assistant clerk here in Stansbury Park, UT
Bigpetey

Participate

Post by Bigpetey »

If its not to late I would like to participate. I'm website administrator in edmonton Alberta.

Return to “Calendar”