Organizations and Members cannot see events scheduled in other Ward Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bdcfam

Dont See Other Wards Building Schedule

Post by bdcfam »

When I login to the calendars I can see my Subscribed calendars and locations if I select hide all calendars nothing is being displayed. Shouldnt I still be seeing the other wards building schedule?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bdcfam wrote:When I login to the calendars I can see my Subscribed calendars and locations if I select hide all calendars nothing is being displayed. Shouldnt I still be seeing the other wards building schedule?

You have to be in week view. Then you'll have check boxes for locations. You'll have to check off the locations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmorrey wrote:I am the building scheduler for a three-ward building where each ward is from a separate stake. Can all three wards use the new calendar system to schedule events?
Yes. See the Locations and Resources Shared by Multiple Stakes section in the Calendar help system.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rick.winterton

Can I Schedule multiple resources?

Post by rick.winterton »

I'm a stake clerk.

The Building Scheduler of the stake center (two wards occupy it), would like to be able to schedule resources separately. For example, the Relief Society might want to use the Relief Society room, the Kitchen and the Cultural Hall (three resources), while the Young Women might want to use the Primary room and the chapel. It appears that she can only schedule one resource (i.e. a room) or the entire building. Is this correct or are we missing something?

In addition, the scheduler would like to be able to add events to both wards' calendars. Is that possible? It appears that she can only see calendars from her own ward.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Rick.Winterton wrote:It appears that she can only schedule one resource (i.e. a room) or the entire building. Is this correct or are we missing something?
Click on the first resource (room), then select additional resources by holding down the Ctrl key (in Windows) while clicking on the additional resources (rooms) desired.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Rick.Winterton wrote:In addition, the scheduler would like to be able to add events to both wards' calendars. Is that possible?

It's possible, but in general I don't recommend it for the new calendar. See this post for my reasons why.
Rick.Winterton wrote:It appears that she can only see calendars from her own ward.
She can see all the events scheduled for the building (even events scheduled by other wards) as explained in this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”