Unable to save some reservations/ 1 solution/ 1 mistake that creates the problem.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dmwilhelm

Unable to save some reservations/ 1 solution/ 1 mistake that creates the problem.

Post by dmwilhelm »

I know there are other threads about this, but I wanted to start one from my point of view.

• The problem? I put all the relevant information in for a reservation and then I push the save button. A conformation pops up, but sometimes nothing shows up on the actual schedule (calendar).

• One cure: Under the direction of our Stake Exec. Sect. I imported our 2011 Stake Calendar into the previous version of the new Calendar in January 2011. Some of the stuff was never assigned a location resource. When I kept running into them when investigating what was going on, it hit me. I went in to these offending resources via edit and then just saved them. This seems to do the trick. I'm guessing that when it's saved it somehow resets the faulty data.

• Are there other cures?: Not sure. Would like to know if anyone has found something that consistently works like the one I found above.

• The mistake I made?: When I set up the Calendar 2.0 resources for our Stake I decided to use the proffered options of 'Nursery' and 'YW Room'. Well we don't actually call them by these names, since they both open up to create the North and South Multipurpose Rooms. So I had to go in and change the names. Problems is that I had already reserved several recurring events using these resources. On events with more than one resource, things are fine. The Nursery, or YW Room was nowhere to be seen on these reservations, so I simply replaced them with the new ones I made. This didn't work on the other reservations. They just simply disappeared. No problem, I can just go re-enter them, right? Nope. I get the same thing as explained above, the times are somehow blocked, but this time there is nothing to delete to fix the problem! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I tried to re-reserve one of the events that disappeared when I changed the rooms. I tried doing a reservation 1 hour before just to have it on the schedule. I also tried to do it early as a Calendar item. Neither way worked. I think I broke it! :)

Well, the reservation are there. I am finally getting warnings that previous attempts to reserve is blocking my newest attempt. Wonder what that Blocked Filter button does...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmwilhelm wrote:Well, the reservation are there. I am finally getting warnings that previous attempts to reserve is blocking my newest attempt. Wonder what that Blocked Filter button does...

The "Blocked reservations" check box under "Filter by unit" causes reservations of type "Blocked - Location Unavailable" to be shown or hidden. You need to be sure that the correct location is selected, and that each of the "Filter by unit" check boxes is checked if you want to be sure you are seeing all the reservations you have created.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

aebrown wrote:The "Blocked reservations" check box under "Filter by unit" causes reservations of type "Blocked - Location Unavailable" to be shown or hidden. You need to be sure that the correct location is selected, and that each of the "Filter by unit" check boxes is checked if you want to be sure you are seeing all the reservations you have created.
I have them all checked and the Blocked reservation is unchecked. There are just blocks of time on certain days that cannot be reserved or scheduled on. I appreciate the info on the Blocked Reservations button. I don't have any, so nothing was happening when I used it.

Heavy sigh... I know they are being excepted, just not showing up. I am tech savvy, I know I'm doing it correctly. There is definitively a bug.

OK, I am able to schedule the events one at a time. Just that one day of the week during 2pm-6pm. There must be some event blocking it I haven't found. At least I can get the events in.

Thanks for your help, I'll report back if I can't find anything blocking the time/day slot
Daniel Wilhelm
Assistant Stake Clerk (Internet)
Stake Center Building Scheduler
Tempe Arizona Stake
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

I still have and issue reservation certain time slots that previously were held by a duplicate imported Calendar item. However, thanks to the cool copy and paste feature, I just pulled up the monthly calendar and did the whole year in minutes. :) I appreciate your help and your clarification on the filter button. Now if we could get the other building schedulers to use it! I appreciate your service!
Daniel Wilhelm
Assistant Stake Clerk (Internet)
Stake Center Building Scheduler
Tempe Arizona Stake

Return to “Calendar”