Address Change Roadmap

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
accampbell

Address Change Roadmap

Post by accampbell »

Is the ability for a clerk to update an address / phone number / email through the lds.org sign-in (directory) on the feature roadmap?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The e-mail address can already be done by any default ward administrator (ward clerk is a default administrator) except the ward website administrator. The bishop has edit capabilities for certain other data. I cannot confirm what. We can expect the clerk to edit this information sometime in the future.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:The e-mail address can already be done by any default ward administrator (ward clerk is a default administrator) except the ward website administrator. The bishop has edit capabilities for certain other data. I cannot confirm what. We can expect the clerk to edit this information sometime in the future.

Clerks (and bishopric members) can already edit address, phone numbers and emails in the leader/clerk portals. However, you can't request records or move them to another unit (at least not yet). As far as membership data goes, the ward clerk and membership clerk can edit everything the bishop can.
accampbell

Post by accampbell »

eblood66 wrote:Clerks (and bishopric members) can already edit address, phone numbers and emails in the leader/clerk portals. However, you can't request records or move them to another unit (at least not yet). As far as membership data goes, the ward clerk and membership clerk can edit everything the bishop can.

Where can I find out how to do this?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

accampbell wrote:Where can I find out how to do this?
The help information is kind of sparse. As far as I can tell it's only mentioned in the release notes for the most recent version.

Here's a summary:

1. Access the Leader or Clerk Portal using Tools > Leader Resources or Tools > Clerk Resources.
2. Click on Membership > Member List
3. Click on a member to show their details
4. On the Individual tab click on Edit.

You can also use the Member Lookup box in the upper right part of the screen to quickly get to a specific member.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

accampbell wrote:Where can I find out how to do this?
Look at the clerk resources help.

If you are in the clerk resources just look up the member you want to update and you will see edit links by the contact information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”