Meetinghouse Webcast: programs that can view stream

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Mikerowaved wrote:Thanks for the demo, Kurt. For those interested it streamed at about 1.8-1.9 Mbps, so don't try this without a decent pipeline to the internet. Also, next time you offer a demo, could you please point the camera at something that's constantly in motion, like a fountain, birds, traffic, or something like that? There were times I had to wait quite a while to finally see someone wander by. :) It really helps to determine if our feed has locked up or is dropping frames.

Looks like there is someone putting on his coat right now...

Nice feed.

Aaron Z
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:We also understand that VLC allows syncing of the sound with the video where there are streaming problems...
I found out that the GOM Player I mentioned above can also do this with 0.1 second increment/decrement capability.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

Aczlan wrote:Looks like there is someone putting on his coat right now...

Nice feed.

Aaron Z
Definitely agreed. I'm actually going to purchase one of those Chinese waving cat toys so I can have it on hand for any video testing.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:I found out that the GOM Player I mentioned above can also do this with 0.1 second increment/decrement capability.
Good to know. I had the GOM player on my personal PC for a while and then had some problems with it, but I think most of the problems were lack of operator knowledge, i.e., me. For the most part it worked fine, but the person who helped me was more familiar with VLC, and it seemed easier to use, so I went in that direction at home and have not had a reason to change. Path of least resistance, etc.

But GOM has a good reputation, as well, when I mention it to the IT folks at work. And 0.1 second increments (I think that is the same as VLC) should work just fine to sync up the audio with the video.
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

Too bad I missed the demo. Glad to see you qualifying HD hardware. I got the Intensity Pro capture card because it was cheaper than the osprey and had HDMI capture capability. So now it sounds like I just need a camera... :) Unfortunately all the HDMI/HD cameras are a bit out of our price range. Hopefully in a few years they'll become more economical.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

sammythesm wrote:I got the Intensity Pro capture card because it was cheaper than the osprey and had HDMI capture capability.
I'm currently waiting on a shipment of this same card. Others have had good success with it, so I decided to take a chance and try it.
sammythesm wrote: So now it sounds like I just need a camera... :) Unfortunately all the HDMI/HD cameras are a bit out of our price range.
If you don't mind going back to manual pan/tilt/zoom, our stake is looking into THIS camcorder for streaming standard or optionally HD video over HDMI. OK, the max HD the camera can do is 1080i, but I believe that's the most the Intensity Pro can handle anyway at 60fps. (At 1080p, the Intensity Pro maxes out at 24fps.) The above camcorder has the option to turn off the auto-shutoff timer and another option to take all the text and icon overlays you see in the small display and keep them from showing on the streaming output, so it seems like a good inexpensive choice for a "manual" camera.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”