Unable to Delete Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
enoch100

Unable to Delete Event

Post by enoch100 »

A bishop created a ward event. I am the building scheduler and stake website administrator. I edited the event. Now that the event is no longer happening, the Bishop tried to delete the event and was unable. I tried to delete the event and was unable.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to try a different way of deleting it. IIRC, you can right click/delete or edit/delete.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peeryfamily

Deleting an event

Post by peeryfamily »

I agree - I tried to delete the event by selecting the event and entering the delete as well as by doing it from the event title screen - it doesn't work - I have left it running for over a half hour and it is still running the little timer symbol round and round...

Something is definately wrong - Please look at asap!

James Peery
Stake/Ward Administrator for the Bennion Utah Stake/Bennion 2nd Ward
ajcampers

Unable to Delete a Reservation

Post by ajcampers »

I am also having trouble deleting a reservation. I created a repeating reservation then tried to delete one of the days but all I got was the rotating graphic indicating the program was working on deleting it. I tried to delete the whole reservation, but still no results. I have tried several different ways, but the reservation stays. There is definitely something wrong here.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

You also might want to try deleting it from a different browser and/or a different computer.
ajcampers

Post by ajcampers »

I used Google Chrome on my Window 7 lap top and I still can't delete the reservation.
peeryfamily

Delete Event

Post by peeryfamily »

As a follow up - I went back in and selected to delete the event from the title window. I started it before I went to church at 8:30am and left it running until I got home at 1pm. It was still trying to delete.

Please have the programmers try to create and delete an event on the system as a user to verify this and repair it.

Thanks - James Peery
mbthomas

Post by mbthomas »

Same thing here. I created some fake events during a training this morning, and then couldn't delete them. I tried with 3 different browsers on two different machines. I also saw another editor at the training who could not delete events. I can go in and modify the event, just not delete.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

peeryfamily wrote:Please have the programmers try to create and delete an event on the system as a user to verify this and repair it.
If the programmers or program managers do not see the posts in these forums then there is no special communication we have with them. Fortunately the programmers do read the calendar forum and are probably working the bug. Unfortunately they have not responded to this particular issue yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

This may be a temporary problem. MANY of the church servers are having time out issues today. Many patrons are having trouble signing into nFS. Service Missionaries are having trouble using programs running on church servers not allowing them to sign on etc, perhaps it will all be fixed in the morning!

Return to “Calendar”