Mp3 Dvd

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Roger-p40

Mp3 Dvd

Post by Roger-p40 »

I would like to make a simple DVD with the MP3 Book of Mormon to play in my DVD player hooked up to my TV. I am not interested on how to make it to play on the computer.

I have Roxio and some other burning software but I am not sure how to lay out the dvd. I think I would like a DVD menu with the different books listed and under that the chapters for each book. This would allow me to play just certain chapters? When you select the menu for the book then it would show the chapters for that book.

Can someone give me some simple steps on how to create the dvd? Maybe I need some other software? Simple free type? Or maybe this is over my head?

Thanks
Roger
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't been following AV that closely, but I don't think you can do this how you want. First, you need to find out if your player can do MP3. Not all of them can. If they do, then they usually do it the same way a computer does it. In that case, lay out your MP3 files in a folder structure so you can find the file you want and burn it as a data disk.

I think DVD menus only work to burn a DVD video. I don't think you can do a DVD menu to link to a MP3.
Roger-p40

Post by Roger-p40 »

Well after fooling around with it I got it to work like a video DVD with menu's to play the mp3 but it is very time consuming to make it all work.

I think I will wait for the new Joseph Smith manual and to that one instead of the Book of Mormon.

Roger
RussellHltn wrote:I haven't been following AV that closely, but I don't think you can do this how you want. First, you need to find out if your player can do MP3. Not all of them can. If they do, then they usually do it the same way a computer does it. In that case, lay out your MP3 files in a folder structure so you can find the file you want and burn it as a data disk.

I think DVD menus only work to burn a DVD video. I don't think you can do a DVD menu to link to a MP3.
higham-p40

Post by higham-p40 »

Simple solution would be to set up a dvd with a blank video channel and just use the audio channels. I odnt know how long it runs total, but you should be able to manually set the bitrate and make it fit. Voice dosnt need a very high bitrate.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”