IOS from MLS and IOS from Clerk Resources do not match

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
williamjackson

IOS from MLS and IOS from Clerk Resources do not match

Post by williamjackson »

I discovered a discrepancy between the Individual Ordinance Summary printed from MLS and the Individual Ordinance Summary printed from Clerk Resources.

For one member in my ward who has a spouse that is not a member, when I print her IOS from MLS, in the "Current Spouse" section, it says "Member: No". But when I print her IOS from Clerk Resources, the same line says "Member: Yes".

I spot-checked a few other members that I know have non-member spouses, and I see the same problem. It seems that the problem only appears when there is a recorded date of birth for the non-member spouse. If there is no date of birth for the spouse, then the "Member:" line is correct, "No".

To summarize: IOS printed from MLS is always correct. IOS printed from Clerk Resources is incorrect if (1) spouse is not a member; and (2) there is a date of birth recorded for the spouse. The problem exists whether the member is male or female.

Finally, the Membership Record exhibits the same problem.

Has anyone else noticed this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

subtlecoolness wrote:To summarize: IOS printed from MLS is always correct. IOS printed from Clerk Resources is incorrect if (1) spouse is not a member; and (2) there is a date of birth recorded for the spouse. The problem exists whether the member is male or female.

Finally, the Membership Record exhibits the same problem.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Excellent analysis! I had not previously noticed this, but I can confirm that in every instance I reviewed in my stake, this is indeed the case. Most of the nonmember spouses I could find with a birthdate are actually excommunicated former members, so at first I thought that perhaps the "Member: Yes" line was a different interpretation of the definition of "Member". But then I did find one nonmember spouse with a birthdate, and his wife's IOS did say "Member: Yes" for her spouse, so I'm pretty sure you're correct about the way the spouse's member status is determined for the online IOS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Nice bug find

Post by PartridgeRM »

I agree with aebrown--this is an excellent analysis. Thank you for reporting it. We'll have the development team troubleshoot and resolve this problem.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

also, i just noticed on records for some new converts that their non-member parents have record numbers filled in when viewed/printed online from Clerk Resources, but those fields are blank when viewed/printed from local MLS...

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”