Please provide leadership contact info for units outside of stake

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
esarlls3

Please provide leadership contact info for units outside of stake

Post by esarlls3 »

I understand the desire to maintain contact privacy. For members who are logged into an LDS account, it would be very helpful to allow seeing contact information (phone & email) for leadership in other units outside of our stake. This should be available across all platforms (directory, maps, apps, etc.). When travelling or remotely assisting a member it's difficult to find local contacts other than building locations and meeting times.
Thanks for considering.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

From the Maps function, you can get the Bishop's last name and telephone number for any unit. However, I too, think that more information should be available to members. I recently traveled outside of the US and wanted information on how to get to a Branch in Ireland from my hotel. I was Clerk at the time so could look up the Branch Presidency, which was a good thing as I could e-mail a counselor who was very helpful.

In the interest of reducing the workload of the bishop, I would suggest the following leaders be listed for members with an LDS account:
Bishopric members
High Priest Group Leader
Elder's Quorum President
Relief Society President.
mevans

Post by mevans »

davesudweeks wrote: In the interest of reducing the workload of the bishop, I would suggest the following leaders be listed for members with an LDS account:
Bishopric members
High Priest Group Leader
Elder's Quorum President
Relief Society President.
While some members would use this additional information appropriately, I fear that the contact information for additional leaders could easily be used for inappropriate purposes. These well-meaning leaders could be subjected to circumstances for which they are not prepared.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

That may be true, but it already happens today to some extent.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”