Lan desk installation - server could not connect

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
stephen500

Lan desk installation - server could not connect

Post by stephen500 »

Having problems installing lan desk on a fh computer. It is unable to install certificate. Server problems. Is the server off line on Sundays?
Stephen Sinclair, STS, Chester England stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It may have gone down and there's no one there to fix it. I'd try again another day.

Since this is for a FHC computer, make sure you're getting it from a familysearch site, not from mls.lds.org site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

Thanks I am, Sunday is no always a good day
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Do a LANDesk connection reset. If it resets successfully, re-run the portal update again. You must have admin rights to successfully import the security certificate.

I've also had a problem with a new Center not being built out on LANDesk... so if it's new you will need to contact support.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Family History Centers”