Calendar View

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mljohn1

Calendar View

Post by mljohn1 »

I have down loaded Google Crome and the calendar display is all on one side of the screen and it is un readable or useable. What do i need to do to correct it?

Thanks

Mark Johnson
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Mark, can you attach a screenshot and provide other details about your operating system, perhaps?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to make sure you're at the default zoom of 100% by pressing control-zero.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Did the zoom adjustment solve the issue?
ryand001

Calendar view on LDS.org

Post by ryand001 »

I have a similar issue. I am on LDS.org and using IE8 and the display has overlaping items with subscribed calendars going clear accross the the screen with the calendar underneath. When accessing reservations the calendar does not even display graphically but rather in a list down the left side of the screen.

When I use my ipad both calendars display beautifully as it should.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryand001 wrote:I have a similar issue. I am on LDS.org and using IE8 and the display has overlaping items with subscribed calendars going clear accross the the screen with the calendar underneath.

Although it may seem to be a similar issue, this thread deals with Chrome, which is quite a different issue from what you are seeing with IE8. Your issue is documented in some detail in the thread Calendar View Distorted with New Update.

UPDATE: Apparently, according to LisaAn in this post, it probably is the same issue. I have never seen the problem in Chrome, but can easily see it in IE8, so I assumed it was different. My apologies for any confusion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Without a screen shot to look at it's hard to tell but I believe this is what we call the stacked calendar issue where everything is on the left side. This has been fixed in the next release of Calendar (reference 3377).
QA Engineer
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LisaAn wrote:This has been fixed in the next release of Calendar (reference 3377).
Is this fixed only for the Chrome issue? Or is IE 8 included?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

It should fix it for all browsers. The problem is that the calendar was 1 pixel too wide for the browser so the browser just "stacked" the items up instead of displaying them side by side.
QA Engineer

Return to “Calendar”