Updating Address After Moving

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
atamido

Post by atamido »

I got a response from the feedback link on the main site that gives me hope.
The LDS Church responded on November 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM as follows:
This is a known bug that we are trying to fix in our next release.
jdlessley wrote:The second suggestion is to not only provide the corrected address to the clerk but include the geographic coordinates. Providing the coordinates is about the best way to ensure the correct mapping location. You can provide the coordinates for household locations that have correct and properly formatted addresses yet do not map accurately or correctly.

That's a new feature from the last time I used MLS. Bravo on them for having the wisdom to add it.
jdlessley wrote:Getting the coordinates can be done either by going to the address with a GPS enabled device that provides coordinate readout or by using online GIS mapping provided by local government agencies. I use the latter because our county provides an accurate online county GIS and addressing map. Only individual apartment addresses cannot be verified by the county map.
Using Bing Maps, if you right click a location then it will give you the GPS coordinates (a feature I just discovered last night).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Atamido wrote:That's a new feature from the last time I used MLS. Bravo on them for having the wisdom to add it.
I hope you did not think that the clerk can enter the coordinates to position the location marker. That is not an option. But the coordinates for the current location and the new location are displayed in the "Set Location" box while moving a marker. By knowing the coordinates, the clerk can position the marker and view the coordinates as he moves the cursor crosshatch to the desired location.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
atamido

Post by atamido »

jdlessley wrote:I hope you did not think that the clerk can enter the coordinates to position the location marker. That is not an option. But the coordinates for the current location and the new location are displayed in the "Set Location" box while moving a marker. By knowing the coordinates, the clerk can position the marker and view the coordinates as he moves the cursor crosshatch to the desired location.
Oh, that's too bad. :( I thought they would do that for places that don't have an actual address, but that's life.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”