Service Error Detected: The Session May Have Timed Out

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
Post Reply
mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Service Error Detected: The Session May Have Timed Out

#1

Post by mevans »

I've received this error as a popup message a few times this morning while testing lesson schedules. Specifically, I have been working within Manage Class Schedules (and related screens) when it's happened.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but thought I should report it. If I determine anything more, I'll add to the thread.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah, USA

#2

Post by lisaan »

I've seen this too and it's making us crazy because we can't figure out why it's happening. I thought it was related to deleting a class (were you doing that?) but now I'm not sure. Please keep track of the steps of what you were doing and let's see if we can find out what triggers the message. Thanks.
QA Engineer
mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: California, USA

#3

Post by mevans »

The first time I saw it, it happened while I was typing an instructor's name. The instructor had an apostrophe in his name. As soon as I typed the apostrophe, I got the service error message. It took me back to the LDS Account login screen. I thought maybe the javascript was blowing up on the apostrophe character, so I went back in and typed the instructor's name again and this time it worked just fine. After a few characters, I got a drop-down with matching names.

The second time this happened, I believe I was trying to edit a class. I believe it was as I clicked on the icon to edit the class. The new screen showed up. I believe I saw some strange large numbers and negative numbers and even NaN somewhere on the screen.

I'll see if this happens any more and whether I can capture any additional information about this.
mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: California, USA

#4

Post by mevans »

@LisaAn: When I saw those errors I was using Safari on a Mac. Were you by chance using a Mac when seeing those? I've been playing around with various Lessons Schedules pages in FF Win and haven't noticed any Service Error messages. I'll try exercising the pages on a Mac again later and see if the Service Error pops up. That's the only other thought I have right now since I haven't seen the problem reappear yet.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah, USA

#5

Post by lisaan »

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 16 when I see it so I don't think it's browser or operating system related. Just frustrating.
QA Engineer
mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: California, USA

#6

Post by mevans »

Someone else has seen this error. See post #13 from the TFOT thread.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah, USA

#7

Post by lisaan »

Ok, well, we're back to picking through routers and firewalls and caches and servers and whatever else might have an influence on the problem. Thanks.
QA Engineer
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8934
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#8

Post by jdlessley »

It must not be consistent because I have not seen the issue yet. In the TFOT thread issue I was able to add another URL and did not experience what the poster experienced.

Edit: running Windows XP and Firefox 17.0.1
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
jhowell2000
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Clayton, NC, USA

#9

Post by jhowell2000 »

just attempted to enter a lesson in beta lesson schedule. Didn't get past the service error message this time through; the system logged me out when I clicked the okay. I was the one that posted the thread about TFOT. I did add a lesson with a URL once and it is still working, haven't been able to add another one in any of the three classes I have tried.

I'm using a mac running 10.7.5 and firefox 17.0.1
failproof
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

#10

Post by failproof »

I get this consistently every time I try to delete a class. I added events and of course they didn't shift the lesson numbers down for the classes that were already there for next year by default (off topic, but my recommendation for default classes for 2013 since the events don't apply as desired yet - don't have any classes by default, let us create all of them from scratch) So in an attempt to re-create the default classes with the events applied I have tried to delete them. Can't delete anything from 2013 or 2012. After clicking OK from the service error pop-up box, it reloads the page and all classes are still there.

I'm running on Windows 7 and using latest Chrome

Developer tools in Chrome shows
Request URL: https://www.lds.org/rclesson/services/2 ... urses/1129
Request Method: DELETE
Status Code:501 Not Implemented
Post Reply

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”