Household photo not being shown on ward directory print out

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rpyne

Re: Household photo not being shown on ward directory print

Post by rpyne »

cmr3rd wrote:Unbelieveable. . . And again, why is it they call this a thread?
Because it is frayed?
cmr3rd

Post by cmr3rd »

Or because common sense hangs by one when reading it.
martin1

Post by martin1 »

All wards and stakes are affected... where I come from this is called a Priority 1 incident. ;)
cmr3rd

Post by cmr3rd »

I suspect that one would have to see everything on their plate to come the conclusion that re-enabling the print photo feature is a top priority. Just have members log on until it returns, or go to church to see what people look like.
linettesmith

Post by linettesmith »

i've called several times and suggested removing the photo option with some kind of note about when (if ever) the photo feature will be turned back on.
troyjensenfox

Post by troyjensenfox »

I have tried printing picture directory on IE, Chrome, and ios. None of our pictures will show up. There is not even a spot for them on the printout.
linettesmith

Post by linettesmith »

Apparently there is no one Downtown who can answer the question. Why it has to be such a mystery. . . . . many wards publish a new directory at the beginning of the year. Sure would be nice to have the photos in the new directory. The photo directory is great for new members in a ward,the many members who simply can't make it to church because of work, ill health, agoraphobia, etc. Maybe Downtown could hire a temp to tell us when (if ever) the photo option will work again.
linettesmith

Post by linettesmith »

cmr3rd wrote:I suspect that one would have to see everything on their plate to come the conclusion that re-enabling the print photo feature is a top priority. Just have members log on until it returns, or go to church to see what people look like.
That's a real over-simplification. The ones who need the directory don't know people's names and a good share of members don't have any idea how to log on to the directory.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

linettesmith wrote:Apparently there is no one Downtown who can answer the question.
Perhaps not; development is done in Riverton, which is not "Downtown." :)
linettesmith wrote:Why it has to be such a mystery. . .
There's no mystery about the problem; it has already been fixed. It will be deployed as part of Directory 3.0. The only thing we don't know is the release date.
linettesmith wrote:Maybe Downtown could hire a temp to tell us when (if ever) the photo option will work again.
Since we know that the bug has been fixed in the development code, there's no reason for your "if ever" comment. We just need to wait for Directory 3.0 to be deployed. Regarding the timing of that, I would refer you to Romans 8:25.
linettesmith

Post by linettesmith »

the point you are missing is that every week or every day you have probably hundreds of ward clerks trying the use the print photo feature on the directory home page. on the directory page you could put a disclaimer that the photos won't print until further notice. (how much time has to be wasted trying to print a photo directory?)

And no one has any idea when directory 3.0 will be deployed. Sounds like the government.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”