Mormans Bog

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
slottved
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:31 am
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Contact:

Mormans Bog

#1

Post by slottved »

Could someone please correct the title of the Book of Mormon on http://scriptures.lds.org/da - Even if the spelling of some names in the new Danish translation have been changed I still think it's Mormon and not Morman. (Hel. 5:6)
User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

#2

Post by WelchTC »

slottved wrote:Could someone please correct the title of the Book of Mormon on http://scriptures.lds.org/da - Even if the spelling of some names in the new Danish translation have been changed I still think it's Mormon and not Morman. (Hel. 5:6)
Thanks, I'll pass that along to the team.

Tom
Jazbees
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: Not far from Dallas, TX
Contact:

#3

Post by Jazbees »

FWIW (for what it's worth), it looks like it hasn't yet been addressed. At least the link to the Book of Mormon still has the "Morman" spelling. However, if you click that to go to the book's contents, other references to Mormon are spelled correctly.
User avatar
zabaki
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 am
Location: Randers, Denmark

#4

Post by zabaki »

Further more,
If you go to http://scriptures.lds.org/da/bm/contents
Another testament of Jesus Christ in danish is Endnu et vidnesbyrd om Jesus Kristus

not: Endnu et bidnesbyrd om Jesus Kristus
User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

#5

Post by WelchTC »

We just posted a new version on http://beta.scriptures.lds.org. We have fixed some of these issues.

Tom
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Alnwick, UK

#6

Post by kennethjorgensen »

tomw wrote:We just posted a new version on http://beta.scriptures.lds.org. We have fixed some of these issues.

Tom
Yes at least the title has now been fixed. Now we just need the "bidnesbyrd" corrected to "vidnesbyrd". A clear typo-error. A spelling checker would have caught that one.

The "bidnesbyrd" typo-error is there on both the released and the beta version.
User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

#7

Post by WelchTC »

dkjorgi wrote:Yes at least the title has now been fixed. Now we just need the "bidnesbyrd" corrected to "vidnesbyrd". A clear typo-error. A spelling checker would have caught that one.

The "bidnesbyrd" typo-error is there on both the released and the beta version.
Which language and where is that at?

Tom
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#8

Post by aebrown »

tomw wrote:Which language and where is that at?

Tom
The reference is to this post, and it is in the subtitle of the Book of Mormon contents in Danish.
User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

#9

Post by WelchTC »

Alan_Brown wrote:The reference is to this post, and it is in the subtitle of the Book of Mormon contents in Danish.
Got it. Thanks

Tom
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Alnwick, UK

#10

Post by kennethjorgensen »

tomw wrote:Got it. Thanks

Tom
Tom,

Its nearly there. The beta version is now correct but the released/current version is not. I dont know if the beta version will simply replace the current version or how you do it but thought I ought to mention it.

Its about the Danish version and its about two words, "Mormon" and "Vidnesbyrd".

Here are the four different places:

http://scriptures.lds.org/da/contents incorrectly says "Mormans Bog". It should say "Mormons Bog".
http://scriptures.lds.org/da/bm/contents incorretnly says "Bidnesbyrd". It should say "Vidnesbyrd".
http://beta.scriptures.lds.org/da/ correctly says "Mormons Bog".
http://beta.scriptures.lds.org/da/bm/contents corretnly says "Vidnesbyrd".
Post Reply

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”