Custom Reports on LCR vs MLS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
RichardGamble

Custom Reports on LCR vs MLS

Post by RichardGamble »

As the Membership Clerk, I have created MANY Custom Reports in MLS that I use to assist individuals in their callings. Will I be able to create these Custom Reports in LCR when MLS is retired? I do not like the idea of telling leaders, "Sorry, I cannot help you." Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Custom Reports on LCR vs MLS

Post by lajackson »

RichardGamble wrote:As the Membership Clerk, I have created MANY Custom Reports in MLS that I use to assist individuals in their callings. Will I be able to create these Custom Reports in LCR when MLS is retired? I do not like the idea of telling leaders, "Sorry, I cannot help you." Thank you.
While I understand that the task is to move all of the functionality of MLS to the Web, I have not heard any mention that custom reports will be available in LCR. I have found that the information in many custom reports can be obtained through LCR with varying degrees of usefulness, extraneous data, and formatting.

But our budget allowance does not support the associated paper requirement, so we rely to a large extent on pdf files and run lots of reports because they are not accessible for sorting, updating, and parsing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The only information I recall from a Church employee on the question of custom reports in LCR is in this post, and a follow-up post in the same topic. There's some good information there, but no definitive plans are mentioned, and that discussion is nearly a year old now.
RichardGamble

Post by RichardGamble »

This is very sad :(
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RichardGamble wrote:This is very sad :(
I see no reason for sadness at this point. MLS is still available, with all the custom reports that you have created. We don't yet know what will happen with custom reports in LCR. For now, you can help the cause by making your voice heard. Use the Feedback link on LCR to explain how valuable custom reports are and how much you'd like to see that functionality in LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As aebrown stated, MLS will still be with us. MLS will not, however, be the input source for much data. But the ability to view the same data that has always been there will still be viewable through the standard screens and reports as well as custom reports. How long this ability will stay with MLS is unknown. I doubt the ability to view data in MLS and use custom reports will be removed for quite some time - at least until these capabilities are available elsewhere, such as in LCR.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:But the ability to view the same data that has always been there will still be viewable through the standard screens and reports as well as custom reports
Just as long as your custom report doesn't touch on HT/VT. Because that data won't be there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Will HT/VT be absent from MLS? I thought it was going to be read only...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

simonawright wrote:Will HT/VT be absent from MLS? I thought it was going to be read only...
Code to sync the data between MLS and CHQ never existed. That is part of why when you move to HT/VT on LCR it is a move. The amount of work to manage syncing was more that we wanted to 'waste' rather than putting the work into moving more functionality.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

simonawright wrote:Will HT/VT be absent from MLS? I thought it was going to be read only...
The LCR 3.0 Release Notes make the distinction clear: "Changes made to organizations and callings in LCR will be viewable in MLS. Changes made to home and visiting teaching in LCR will not be viewable or updatable in MLS." (emphasis added).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”