Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Updating LDS Account Information

Post by LDSAccountTech »

There two ways to update information on the LDS Account:

First, go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/ and sign in with your login credentials. Once logged in, you will be able to change and update the following:
  • Username (note, you can only successfully change your LDS Account username if the preferred username isn't already taken by another individual)
    Password (under the 'Security Settings' portion)
    E-mail Address (this e-mail address is the primary address for the account [for church employees, missionaries, and volunteers, whose accounts are workforce-enabled, this e-mail is also the main e-mail your password-reset notifications will be sent to)
    Phone Number (basic contact information)
    Security Questions and Answers (answers ARE case-sensitive)
    Password Recovery Options (often, if username or password needs to be reset, the site won't allow the recovery unless these options are specified [usually e-mail, phone, MRN])
    Workforce Information (for employees, missionaries, and volunteers)
    Preferred Display Name (how your name will display on LDS sites and programs)
Second, for membership changes, contact your ward clerk; he can alter the following portions of your membership record (some of which will show on the LDS Account):
  • Name (as shown on your membership record [note, this is NOT the same as your preferred name on the LDS Account])
    Address (as shown on LDS Tools, ward directories, etc.)
    Membership Record Number (if the MRN is incorrect, or if you need to verify the number)
    Date-of-Birth (mainly for verification purposes)
    Contact Information (e-mail and phone numbers that show in public places, such as Tools and ward directories)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by russellhltn »

You should be able to edit your own contact information using the Directory. This may not work if you're shown as a child in the family.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The phone number and email address in Contact Settings for the LDS Account, are for password recovery only. Although the LDS Account primary email and the LDS.ORG (Directory) email are synchronized automatically, the system looks to the LDS Account Primary email for username and password recovery.

Note: The Email address and Phone Number (must be able to receive text messages), must be validated. Otherwise they are not available to use recover a username or to reset a password.

Due to restrictions for Full-time Missionaries, and using email; if a missionary forgets their password, their MRN and Date of Birth, is the only available method to reset their account password.
joshgraham

Post by joshgraham »

Who can update MRN under the membership portion of Account Settings? When I created my account I did not include my MRN. The instruction under the membership instructs me to update the MRN. When I put in the MRN and click Save I get the error message that the MRN or birth date are incorrect or the account has been created. Can I update the MRN or do I need to have someone else do that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You should be able to update it if you have the correct MRN. (You might want to check the source. Temple recommends are not always accurate.)

You could also have an account you've forgotten about. You can try the "lost username" link and enter your MRN to see what you come up with.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SnickerDoodlebug

Post by SnickerDoodlebug »

I have updated my membership record number, but when I go to request a copy of my patriarchal blessing, it says not available under the MRN and won't let me type anything in. How can I get a copy?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SnickerDoodlebug wrote:I have updated my membership record number, but when I go to request a copy of my patriarchal blessing, it says not available under the MRN and won't let me type anything in. How can I get a copy?
It's possible that after updating ldsaccount.lds.org, it may take some time before other parts of the system will see the updated information. Give it a few hours, or even a day and try again.

stevenseow

Post by stevenseow »

I am unable to include my mobile number in my LDS account information as Singapore (+65) is missing from the countries listed.

Can the list be updated?
wydonnaandersen

Who changed my phone number?

Post by wydonnaandersen »

Just received an email saying my phone number had been changed and would no longer be associated with my account. How did that happen? My correct number is [redacted] and I did not change it. I was talking with a FHC trainer but that should not have precipated the number change. So what is going on? Please note the info in my account in FS is current and correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Who changed my phone number?

Post by russellhltn »

wydonnaandersen wrote:Just received an email saying my phone number had been changed and would no longer be associated with my account. How did that happen? My correct number is [redacted] and I did not change it.
I've removed your number as this is a public forum.

I'd suggest you go to ldsaccount.lds.org and check the mobile number that's shown in there and correct it as necessary. I'm not sure why your number would have changed, but the main thing is to make sure it's correct.

Return to “Online Donations”