1099-Misc form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 am

1099-Misc form


Post by karlhales »

I have to file a 1099-Misc form and the 1096 that goes with it. I don't know where to find a payers's federal identification number for my stake. (Im a new stake financial clerk)
Also, not sure if I put my personal info or my stake president's on the lines where it asks for Filers's name, person to contact address etc.
the 1096 also asks for an employer id number??
Community Administrator
Posts: 31930
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: 1099-Misc form


Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what's going on that a stake would need to file such a form, but I'd start with contacting Local Unit Support to make sure this is filled out properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: 1099-Misc form


Post by robwhitney »

The Stake should have a Fed ID # if you don't have prior 1099 copies to get the data, contact SLC - they should be able to provide it. I would include the Stake Presidents information for the Filer's name and person to contact.

Generally, if the Stake uses DJ services, or other such services during the year exceeding $600 you would need to file a 1099R.
Post Reply

Return to “Local Unit Finance”