Study tools are not working well since the design change

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
srtho44

Study tools are not working well since the design change

Postby srtho44 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 am

Ever since the blue tool bar was introduced to the study tools I've had a difficult time logging in and having the tools stay logged in. This morning once I got logged in I was able to highlight, but I've been unsuccessful at removing a bookmark. Once I finally am able to see the toolbar at the bottom of the page, I click Bookmark, Edit, and click on the trash can icon and the confirmation message comes up, but then after I click okay, the message box disappears and I see a message just above the toolbar that says that the study tools are temporarily unavailable. The toolbar is then unresponsive. I typically use Safari on my MacBook Air, but I've also tried Chrome with the same problem.

I deleted by browser history in Safari, hoping that would solve the problem, and have restarted my computer, but the problem persists.

cgroneman

Re: Study tools are not working well since the design change

Postby cgroneman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:00 pm

I'm also having problems today... I can't categorize my highlights into notebooks, and if I go to notebooks, it shows all of my notebooks, but they're all empty.

mevans

Postby mevans » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 pm

It hasn't been working at all for me for at least the last two days. I did see the new bar one day. I never could use a bookmark on that bar, but other things worked. Now nothing works.

hz7whl

Postby hz7whl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:06 am

Same issues. Last 2 days - in Chrome or Edge.

EliasonAB

Postby EliasonAB » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 am

I am having problems too. For the last two days I get the message that the study tools are unavailable. There is no explanation and I don't know how to fix this.

mevans

Postby mevans » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 am

Clarification on my previous comment: My experience depends on what I'm looking at. For example:

• October 2017 General Conference: I see the old study tools toolbar, and I always get the little popup message that says "My Study Tools are currently unavailable."
  • Chapters in Exodus and Enos: I get no study tools toolbar, but I see existing highlights and all that seems to function as normal, although I'm unable to delete my test highlight.
  • Abraham: I sometimes see the *new* Study Tools toolbar with the message that "My Study tools are currently unavailable." Other times I don't see any Study Tools toolbar. Highlighting doesn't work.
  • Major book title pages, such as "The Book of Abraham," "Exodus," etc., that list all the chapters: These pages seem to think I'm not even signed in.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 am

I'd recommend using the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org to report the issue. The chapters where you're seeing different behavior will be helpful to the developers.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

tcriet

Postby tcriet » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

DITTO - Notebooks shown but not opening, only the download options appear. Thousands of tags are MISSING

rwtobey

Postby rwtobey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:33 pm

same problem x 3-4 weeks: safari

rwtobey

Postby rwtobey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:34 pm

...chapters. BOM seminary lessons and corresponding BOM chapters. Most recently lesson 9 (1N9) and lesson 84 (Alma 21-22)

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”