Caller ID - Not Working

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
bench.john
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 am

Caller ID - Not Working

#1

Post by bench.john »

The caller ID isn't working for my phone. Google Pixel XL with latest update. My ward has fairly high turnover and it is beginning to be a Hassel haveing to export contacts manually. Can someone tell me how to get the caller ID to work or enable some sort of ward export as a group into my Google contacts. Maybe the group gets updated during the sync?
pmower
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#2

Post by pmower »

I have the same issue with the LG V20 phone. Any ideas?
User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#3

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm having no issues on my Samsung. I can only suggest to uninstall and reinstall LDS Tools granting all the permissions it asks for during the install and see if that helps.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2194
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#4

Post by johnshaw »

Not sure what you're looking for but CallerID basically let's you know in a notification after you've taken a call the name of the person. It will not put the name over the phone number on the phone app as it comes in. It's really not caller-ID it's I know it's not really helpful now after your call but here's who called
..
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10411
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#5

Post by lajackson »

johnshaw wrote:CallerID basically let's you know in a notification after you've taken a call the name of the person. It will not put the name over the phone number on the phone app as it comes in.
Actually, when it is working well and the stars are aligned, it will pop up the name of the household calling as the call is coming in. At least it does on my Android. I use it all the time to determine if a call is from someone I truly do not know, or from a member of our stake that I should answer.
User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#6

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:Actually, when it is working well and the stars are aligned, it will pop up the name of the household calling as the call is coming in.
This is the way mine works also.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhayashi
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#7

Post by bhayashi »

Although it worked in the past, when someone from the Stake called my cell phone it would access Tools for information and display who was calling. Now all I see is the phone number. Wondering if this is related an iPhone 6 of some setting that needs to be set?
User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#8

Post by Mikerowaved »

bhayashi wrote:Although it worked in the past, when someone from the Stake called my cell phone it would access Tools for information and display who was calling. Now all I see is the phone number. Wondering if this is related an iPhone 6 of some setting that needs to be set?
It hasn't worked for my Android for some time as well, so either I'm doing something wrong or they dropped that feature.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nykvail
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am
Location: Rexburg, ID

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#9

Post by nykvail »

The caller ID has not been working for me for quite sometime. Has this feature been dropped for android? Thanks!
User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Re: Caller ID - Not Working

#10

Post by Mikerowaved »

nykvail wrote:The caller ID has not been working for me for quite sometime. Has this feature been dropped for android? Thanks!
It appears that way [sniff].
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Android Member Tools App”