Splitting Fast Offering expense for two recipients

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mdturner

Splitting Fast Offering expense for two recipients

Post by mdturner »

One of our clerks had some problems with MLS and ended up combining Fast Offering expenses for two recipients but the same payee into a single expense. This means that the whole expense is tied to just one of the recipients. Our stake president caught this and asked that we split it out so the records correctly show the amount of Fast Offering funds spent on each recipient. The check has already cleared. Is there any way for us to fix the records on our end or do I need to call HQ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Splitting Fast Offering expense for two recipients

Post by russellhltn »

mdturner wrote:do I need to call HQ?
Check here before making the call on Monday, but I think that's probably what you're going to have to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Splitting Fast Offering expense for two recipients

Post by eblood66 »

The only chance would be to contact local unit support. But I kind of doubt even they can put two recipients on a single expense. And splitting a check into two expenses sounds problematic as well. But maybe they have some magic they can do.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”