What to put in Religion in Forms?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
r_vinoya

What to put in Religion in Forms?

Postby r_vinoya » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 am

Hello all,
As the Prophet Russel M. Nelson emphasizes the name of Church, what do ykou think the appropriate name entry when placing Religion in some forms? Thanks.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: What to put in Religion in Forms?

Postby jdlessley » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 pm

That really depends on the form instructions and what is available. I have put christian when religion is requested. But I put in the full official church name when the form requires a church name.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

klricks

Re: What to put in Religion in Forms?

Postby klricks » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm

r_vinoya wrote:Hello all,
As the Prophet Russel M. Nelson emphasizes the name of Church, what do ykou think the appropriate name entry when placing Religion in some forms? Thanks.

I am guessing that you are asking this because on many forms it would be difficult or impossible to write the full name due to space limitations.
The person reading the form needs to be able to identify which church for data entry so I would think that LDS needs to be included as it is very common and readily recognizable. Example hospital admittance form so the Elders can visit. So maybe:
Jesus Christ (LDS)
J.Christ (LDS)
T.C.O.J.C.O.L.D.S.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “General Discussions”