Arranging notes?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
zaneclark

Arranging notes?

Postby zaneclark » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Is there any way to arrange your notes chronologically or alphabetically or whatever? I had a member ask me this and I seldom use notes and couldn't find a way to do this.....

sbradshaw

Re: Arranging notes?

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 pm

You can sort the list of tags or notebooks by name, modified date, or count, but there's no way to sort the notes themselves. In the All annotations tab, notes are always sorted by date modified with the newest on the top.

If the notes are inside a notebook, they can be manually reordered using the iOS or Android version of Gospel Library, but you can't reorder annotations under a tag or the list of all annotations.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

LDSJLux

Postby LDSJLux » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 am

Is it possible to add "tags" or to relocate/move previously created notes from one notebook to another in an effort to better organize mine AFTER they have already been entered?

mevans

Postby mevans » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:13 am

LDSJLux wrote:Is it possible to add "tags" or to relocate/move previously created notes from one notebook to another in an effort to better organize mine AFTER they have already been entered?

I'm sorry no one has gotten back to you about your question. This is a good user-to-user forum where you can generally get help fairly quickly.

Yes, you can add/remove tags, and also add/change notebooks. Please clarify the following:
  • I assume you're using this through a web browser and not the LDS Tools app on a mobile device, correct?
  • Do you know if you're using the "new experience" or the "old experience"? There should be a toggle near the top of the web page to tell you if new experience is on.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”