Interesting power issue with new audio/video system

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
kreeve

Re: Interesting power issue with new audio/video system

Postby kreeve » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 pm

I think that is a bug probably programminr or the the wrong things plugged into that power strip. You should be able to route video to other parts of the building without the chapel system on.

Contact the FM group, ask them to have the installer/integrator contact you or meet you so you can show them the issue.

We have one of the new systems in a brand new double chapel YSA stake center, however I have not tried video in other rooms yet, but the rooms have audio options including that of satellite audio I have tested that are not dependent on the chapel being on.

Kevin

mevans

Re: Interesting power issue with new audio/video system

Postby mevans » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:28 am

We're several months into them trying to get our new HD distribution system installed and working properly, and we still have several problems with the system. It's not officially "done." One of the issues was about what is supposed to be switched on/off or left on. They mentioned the same issue about heat, although when we leave everything on, we're not noticing excessive heat. We've given them many notes along the way. Our stake president wants to let them officially be "done" and then we can do another walkthrough and make more notes. I don't know if they've made a decision on what's supposed to be "on" yet or not. I think they were having some kind of electrical issue what was preventing the remote control on/off from working properly.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”