English Connect

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
soniatakaki

English Connect

Post by soniatakaki »

Hello my name is Sonia I am from Brazil.
I am an instructor for English Connect I can’t find where are the Videos segments that I need to use in class for listening topic.
I suppose that I have to use Mormon.org/Gabe the name of the segment but I can’t find it in there.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Sonia
moar82

Re: English Connect

Post by moar82 »

I have the same issue. I am writing from Canada.
ReimschusselKW

Post by ReimschusselKW »

I am trying to teach English Connect 2 in Brazil and also can't find the videos at the link listed in the manual, or any other link.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

EnglishConnect is organized under the BYU-Pathway program. Here's a contact form for BYU-Pathway:
https://byupathway.lds.org/Help/ContactUs
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
chadpetty

Post by chadpetty »

I found the video for EnglishConnect, lesson 2 in the LDS Media library:

https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/ser ... her-mormon

You can also find it by going to LDS Media Library and searching on "Gabe".
chadpetty

Post by chadpetty »

I found the URL for EnglishConnect 1, lesson 3:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ins ... r?lang=eng

It looks like the best way to find this is to search in Google for the original URL, with double quotes around the URL. For example, to find the link above, I searched on the URL from the EnglishConnect manual:

"www.mormon.org/dave" (in Google, make sure to type the double quotes)
chadpetty

Post by chadpetty »

esheely

Post by esheely »

I have been teaching English Connect II in the Philippines. None of the links in the manual to videos work. I have been able to find some of the videos in other locations, including on YouTube, but I haven't been able to locate the majority of them. I hope this can be fixed soon. This problem makes including the audiovisual information designed for these lessons difficult to impossible.
esheely

Post by esheely »

When will English Connect 3 become available. The church website and the publicity the church produces on the English Connect program says that there are three levels, but as far as I am aware no level three exists. I have a lot of students who have finished level 2 who would love to take level three. If level three does not exist, the church should stop advertising that it does.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Regarding EnglishConnect 3, https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... s?lang=eng states that it is "currently in development and may not be available in your area". I also know that it was supposedly in pilot last Fall, but nothing further has come my way about it. And nothing for level 3 is available on store.churchofjesuschrist.org either.

It would be wonderful for our Branch members as well, if the Level 3 option comes out soon!

Return to “General Discussions”