Accessing Classic Scriptures?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Donna.Johnson

Accessing Classic Scriptures?

Postby Donna.Johnson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Is there any way to access the classic site for the scriptures? I miss the search feature of the old, because the new one does not do as good a job. The searches are limited, whereas in the past, I could search any phrase with success. I also hate that I can't read or copy scripture verses without the footnotes. There's no hide footnotes features. My study of the scriptures has become tedious and hard with the new format! And the work I do is extremely hindered because of the lack of the hide footnotes feature. PLEASE HELP!!

sbradshaw

Re: Accessing Classic Scriptures?

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 pm

This is only a solution to one of your difficulties, but when you're viewing a chapter, in the top right there's an "Aa" icon. When you click that, you can choose to hide the footnotes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

mevans

Re: Accessing Classic Scriptures?

Postby mevans » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:25 am

Donna.Johnson wrote:Is there any way to access the classic site for the scriptures? I miss the search feature of the old, because the new one does not do as good a job. The searches are limited, whereas in the past, I could search any phrase with success.

I recommend that you provide Feedback about the missing search feature and any other concerns you have. On the left panel of the online Gospel Library, scroll to the bottom. You'll see a Feedback link. Click on it to submit your feedback.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”