Access to Child Protection Compliance System

Discussions about other Church websites
mdmcghie

Access to Child Protection Compliance System

Post by mdmcghie »

Pennsylvania State Law requires anyone who works with children (including primary teachers, youth leaders, and missionaries) to register with the state and undergo a series of background checks. The Church has created an online tool to track these background-check certifications at cpcs.lds.org (or cpcs.churchofjesuschrist.org). Access to this database is limited to bishoprics, stake presidencies, ward and stake clerks and executive secretaries, mission presidencies, and a few others. I am a counselor in a mission presidency and two zones of our missionaries are assigned to units in Pennsylvania. Even though I should be able to access the database, I keep encountering the "Access Denied" screen. My calling is clearly identified in the membership system. Does anyone have any advice for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access to Child Protection Compliance System

Post by russellhltn »

Since only two units belong to Pennsylvania, it might be creating an issue. It would be best to contact the Global Service Desk.

The other question is if your mission is the type that has branches or not. If yours is the type where all the units belong to a stake, then it's possible you may not have access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Access to Child Protection Compliance System

Post by scgallafent »

Your mission is not configured for CPCS access. Contact the Global Service Center and start with them. They may need to get you in touch with the support services manager responsible for that system.

Return to “Other Websites”