Organization Lists out of order

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lajackson
Community Moderators

Organization Lists out of order

Post by lajackson »

In several of the Organization screens, the secretary or clerk is being displayed before the presidency or bishopric. I know it is not just me, because another member with an iPhone called up the screen and saw the same thing and also found it on another one in a different unit of our stake.

So under the Contact Us menu I sent feedback to LDS Tools at their ldschurch email address (one more thing to fix, sigh). I wonder if they would receive it if I selected Drive instead of Mail? Apparently Contact Us uses the Share function?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Organization Lists out of order

Post by russellhltn »

Curious. I'm not seeing it on my Android. I wonder if it's something in the data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CSS1999

Post by CSS1999 »

I've worked at the Global Service Center, and I'd never heard of getting feedback via Drive. (I'm assuming you're talking about Google Drive.) The majority of feedback comes by email. But there's a lot of things I don't know about, so it might be possible.

I just synced my Android, and I'm not seeing it either. Might be a bug in iOS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just out of curiosity, did you verify that the presidency was recorded using a standard position? Because of the presidency is "custom" and the secretary is standard, I'd think that would be expected behavior.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:standard position?
All standard. The secretary was added a few weeks ago. The presidency was already there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:I wonder if they would receive it if I selected Drive instead of Mail? Apparently Contact Us uses the Share function?
It's a little confusing, but only an email sharing option will work. The share menu comes up to allow you to choose which email app you want to use.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:
lajackson wrote:Apparently Contact Us uses the Share function?
. . . only an email sharing option will work.
Makes sense. And I did pick the email option, so I suspect they got the feedback.
idaho.yancey

Post by idaho.yancey »

I am curious to see if the callings that appear out of the expected order has been addressed. I noticed in the home ward the the RS presidency shows the 2nd councilor first in the list and then the president. All are set up using standard callings. I checked the other 7 units in the stake and only 5 shown out of order the other 5 appears in the expected order. I ma observing this behavior on both Android and IOS devices.

For the organizations I can see in our stake, the following are the frequency of callings appearing in the tools organization page in the expected logical order (president, 1st counselor, 2 counselor):
Bishopric - 8/8 units in expected order for callings
EQ Presidency - 7/8 units in order, 1/8 units out of order
RS Presidency - 5/8 units in order, 3/8 units out of order
YW Presidency - 7/8 units in order, 1/8 units out of order
SS Presidency - 5/8 units in order, 3/8 units out of order
Primary Presidency - 3/8 units in order, 5/8 units out of order
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I doing some checking in my stake, I'm finding that CDOL also has issues. It's listing an Assistant Secretary above the Relief Society President. Both are standard callings.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I know what's going on and I'll see if I can get something setup to run thru all the units and get them fixed. It's the byproduct of data duplicated to improve performance, but the copied data doesn't get updated when the source changes (and with all the changes happening to position type structures there are more opportunities for it to get out of sync). I just gotta figure out how to keep up with President Nelson :)

Return to “Android Member Tools App”