What happens with our highlighting and Notes when our account is closed upon our death?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
sgardner7

What happens with our highlighting and Notes when our account is closed upon our death?

Postby sgardner7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I have made extensive scripture highlighting and added copious explanatory notes and attached general authority quotes to some of those scriptures. My children are very interested in having access to my Notes section with all their tags when I pass on. What happens with my account with all those highlights and notes and tags when I die? Is there a way they can still gain access to them? Is the account not closed? If not, they could potentially access it with my username and password.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What happens with our highlighting and Notes when our account is closed upon our death?

Postby russellhltn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Please see this post.

Your account is closed upon the clerk recording your death, but there is a way for the notations to be available to family.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”