"undefined" Locations/Meetinghouse calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davepeterson

"undefined" Locations/Meetinghouse calendar

Post by davepeterson »

I've just run into an issue with the meetinghouse calendars for our stake. Only one of the "Location" calendars actually shows up in the "Locations" heading in the "Calendar" drop-down list. Two other meetinghouse calendars now show up under the "Stake" heading in that drop-down. And one meetinghouse calendar (our stake center) is missing, and I believe is effectively displaying as "undefined". We can no longer add events of restrictions to that specific calendar. Fortunately that building's "Location" when someone chooses "Church Facility" can still reserve rooms. There is just no way to put an event on that meetinghouse-specific calendar, not associated with a specific ward or stake calendar. Any urgent help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Undefined Meetinghouse Calendar Issue.jpg
(55.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "undefined" Locations/Meetinghouse calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Can you submit that as feedback on a churchofjesuschrist.org page? The developer needs that to authorize them to look at your account. We're both puzzled as your screen shot doesn't match the layout of calendar we see. So, something odd is going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

You got it. I just shared feedback for the Calendar on https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... r?lang=eng. I appreciate the developer looking into this, as I definitely agree that something odd is going on. Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Thurstonsolutions wrote:I am having the same exact issue. Our building, which is a new one called Herriman Boulevard, shows up as "undefined" and we can not schedule anything with it. Is there a resolution to this issue?
I'd suggest you use the feedback link on the calendar to report it. That gives the developers permission to use your ID to see the calendar as you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

Did you ever hear back from the developer? I have not yet. I am going to resubmit the "Feedback" form from the Calendar page and hope they get it this time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if it ever made it. Re-reading the message, it seems like the key is to mention "ward calendar" in a way that the first-line support people (quite likely service missionaries) will see it and route it appropriately. Save the deep-dive for the second paragraph. ;)

What I have heard back is there's a new database for the FM group rolling out. The old system was called FMAT. The new one is FLS. This database is part of what associates buildings with wards and stakes. It's suspected this playing a role in the issue. While they work on that, it might not hurt to ask your local FM Group to check their FLS/FMAT system and make sure the unit and building entrees look OK.

davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

I'll definitely check in with our local FM Group. The interesting thing is that reservations all still work, as long as you add an event to a ward or stake calendar. In our case, the missing meetinghouse calendar is for our stake center. So we cannot add an event only to the meetinghouse calendar. However, I if create an event for any of our stake calendars (or a ward calendar), the stake center room locations are still reservable. Not sure if that behavior would occur if the FMAT-to-FLS building entries were broken. But I'll ask them to look at FMAT or FLS anyway. Thanks very much!
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We are still working on this one, a top priority. It is seen by some building schedulers in their pulldown to add an event directly on a building calendar.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

Thank you very much! Yes, it is very challenging right now as we are having to work around the lack of ability to add an event just to the building calendar. Thanks for your work here. We'll be anxious to hear about a resolution.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

I found a work around for this problem. If the location is renamed in "locations and rooms" the problem goes away. Just rename it, save, and rename it back and save. Very strange.

Return to “Calendar”