Fixing a member's last name is erroring out on me

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bcr5

Fixing a member's last name is erroring out on me

Post by bcr5 »

I'm a new clerk so maybe I'm doing something wrong here but I'm trying to fix a member's last name and it won't save the change. Here's the error I keep getting "Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data. Try refreshing the page, or try again later." Any suggestions on what to do? I've been trying for about a week now and from different computers and it's the same error every time.
dallinrushton

Re: Fixing a member's last name is erroring out on me

Post by dallinrushton »

I am seeing this same error for a specific family. I can change information for my family and many others but not one specific family. I too have tried different devices and browsers to eliminate any potential variables with no positive results.
chriswoodut

Re: Fixing a member's last name is erroring out on me

Post by chriswoodut »

I see that error message A LOT on a variety of pages in LCR. Sometimes I see it when entering expenses but the expense actually does get saved. Once it didn't get saved and I had to wait awhile to make sure I didn't duplicate it (e.g. just in case it showed up later) and then I entered it again. Sometimes I see it just opening a page. I see that error all too frequently and it's vague and meaningless about what went wrong.

I'm guessing it is a server problem or software bug. Often just waiting can cause it to go away. Other times changing the way you do it will fix things (e.g. try it in MLS if possible, make sure you're not cutting and pasting a foreign character, try editing it in LDS Tools, etc).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”