Titles of General Authorities associated with quotes

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ksgentry

Titles of General Authorities associated with quotes

Post by ksgentry »

In our ward's bulletin, As a space-filler on the front of our program, it has become tradition to include a short scripture or quote. I'd like to include one from President Nelson, but it originates from a general conference talk he gave when he was an Apostle (active use of the title of Elder). In regards to attribution, I feel I should use "Elder Russell M. Nelson," but wanted to know if there are guidelines anywhere regarding using aged quotes where the General Authority's title is now different? Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Titles of General Authorities associated with quotes

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know of any guidelines, but I would use his title as it was at the time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Titles of General Authorities associated with quotes

Post by sbradshaw »

I would also include the date, so it's clear if anyone wonders why it says "Elder" instead of "President". :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”