Past Records

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Maestrophil

Past Records

Post by Maestrophil »

Hi all!

My family went inactive many years ago (I am the only member who stayed active). As a result, there are no longer any original copies of my records - baptism, priesthood ordinations etc. I can't recall dates and who performed all my ordinations, and would very much like to have that information.

Is there a way for me to get digital versions of all those ordinations - Baptism, confirmation, all priesthood offices, line of authority etc.?

I used the email form to request a line of Authority, but it asks me who ordained me to an elder on what date - and I don't recall. I am pretty sure it was my father, but I couldn't tell you the date.

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Past Records

Post by lajackson »

Maestrophil wrote:I can't recall dates and who performed all my ordinations, and would very much like to have that information.
I would start by asking the ward clerk to give you your Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS). It will not have everything you seek, and individual ordination certificates will be hard to come by, but it will give you an excellent start with dates and, in some cases, names. You should also have been able to request your priesthood line of authority without indicating who ordained you or when. But if not, your IOS will give you the information you will need to make that request again.
Maestrophil

Re: Past Records

Post by Maestrophil »

Thank you!

Return to “General Discussions”