LDS Tools Texting - Lists not working

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
larsen01

LDS Tools Texting - Lists not working

Postby larsen01 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:15 pm

I recently tried to use LDS tools to create and send a group text to my elders quorum members - maybe 65 people. I created a list, then selected the list, and attempted to send out a text to the group and no one got it. I suspect there may be a capacity on the number of text recipients. I don't know , but this it is also dissapointing that it did not inform me that the text was not successful. So if i am missing in LDS tools let me know. please.

Otherwise. I'm looking for some app that has the following characteristics - because I can't see that LDS tools offers this - or does it?

- I can send a text message to people in a group (strongly prefer it to be a text message, not e.g. a Hangouts message), ideally more than 20 people.
- This message is sent directly to their phone (like SMS) and doesn't require anyone beyond the quorum presidency to download an app
- Those who receive the message can’t “reply all” and text everyone I sent the text to
- Those who receive the message an reply to the message to contact the EQ leaders (and just us)
- The entire EQ presidency would have access and permissions to send a message
- Allows us to easily make and maintain a group so we don’t have to enter everybody’s phone numbers every time, but also easy to modify the group
- Is free

Is there any available messaging platform that matches the above criteria? I tried messing with LDS tools and it doesn't seem to wri

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Texting - Lists not working

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 pm

What you may have run into is that your wireless provider limited the number of recipients. Nothing Member Tools can do about that - or know about in advance.

Odds are, you'd have to enter everyone's phone number into this app - something that could be questionable. Read the Terms of Service very carefully. It may require you to have permission from each recipient before adding them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”