Perpetual Education Fund Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
terangipeterherdman1

Perpetual Education Fund Donations

Post by terangipeterherdman1 »

Kia ora. Prior to COVID19 lockdown I know of people who contributed to the Perpetual Education Fund. These donations used to be paid in person to the Ward Clerk. Now with lockdown there is no electronic capacity to do this when doing ones donations online. I was told use the "Other" column but that does not give a dropdown options menu for the Perpetual Education Fund. Can anyone assist me with this please.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Perpetual Education Fund Donations

Post by jdlessley »

The online donation categories for the Perpetual Education Fund and the Temple Patron Assistance Fund were removed in May 2018. In a general Church announcement it stated "The generosity of Church members and others has led to sufficient levels of donated funds to the Perpetual Education Fund and the Temple Patron Assistance Fund. As a result, members are encouraged to select other categories for their ongoing donations." Donations to these categories can still be processed through wards or branches by way of the paper Tithing and Other Offerings slip. So until you can find a way to get your donation envelope to a member of your bishopric you will have to exercise patience as the online donation method is just not available for those two categories.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
Biggles

Re: Perpetual Education Fund Donations

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:So until you can find a way to get your donation envelope to a member of your bishopric you will have to exercise patience as the online donation method is just not available for those two categories.
In the current situation I imagine it won't get processed until things return to normal. Also that member of the bishopric will have the added responsibility of looking after the donation!

Return to “Online Donations”