Scripture Bookmarks Gone

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
kevalina

Scripture Bookmarks Gone

Post by kevalina »

Signed into my account this morning for scripture study as all of my areas are bookmarked and there's nothing there! I signed out & back in, used three different browsers all with the same result. The bookmarks are intact in my mobile app, but nowhere to be found on the website. They were alive and well yesterday....doesn't make sense that it's apparently not syncing with app today. I can sign in to my account and do other tasks, so there's no problem in any other area. Please advise.

Update to missing bookmarks on website. Definitely a problem on the site. I attempted to add bookmarks and they do not take. You can add one, but if you go to another book of scripture to add one, the first one you added is no longer there. Additionally, if you sign out and back in, even the one you just added is no longer there. So, it's not syncing with mobile app nor are you able to add bookmarks directly on the website.
BrianEdwards

Re: Scripture Bookmarks Gone

Post by BrianEdwards »

I've heard rumors via other threads on the site that sometimes system glitches do occur, which take some time to work themselves out. I don't believe previous data is truly lost, just the interface to access that user data isn't connected properly. I don't track things, but it seems like most of the time the user finally ends up getting back to where they were before. If you do get an update to your situation (hopefully access to your old bookmarks), it would be good to know. Fingers crossed...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It sounds like your bookmarks in the Gospel Library app are still there, and behave as expected – is that correct? Do you have two devices signed into the Gospel Library app that you could verify bookmarks syncing between?

I'd recommend sending feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of ChurchofJesusChrist.org, as it does sound like a website issue – and hopefully just a display issue, as suggested by BrianEdwards.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kevalina

Post by kevalina »

Yes, bookmarks are still in app on my android. Unfortunately, I lost the ability to use the Gospel Library app on my Kindle some time ago (it's apparently too old for updates), so I do not have another device to confirm bookmark syncing. However, that night when I used the Gospel Library app on my phone, I found that ALL of the bookmarks I attempted to add on the website were on my phone. So, it is syncing in that manner, but for some reason none of them are in my account on the website. Very puzzling.

I did submit feedback yesterday because when I signed in to the website, the entire format was different. It's back to normal today, again, very peculiar. Have not yet received a response to my feedback/question. Bookmarks are still not available when I sign into the website. Although it is an inconvenience not to have them in that location, I am most grateful they are available in the app on my phone. I would be lost & heartbroken to lose them all.

Thank you for your response and suggestion.
troutface

Post by troutface »

@kevalina I've had this same issue since around the time you posted your comment. I submitted a note using the "Feedback" link and someone responded saying the developers were aware of the issue and are researching it. I've been using the online scriptures for daily scripture study for over 5 years and this happens every few months. It usually gets resolved after several weeks. Maybe now with Covid, defects are taking longer to resolve.
I still see my existing and new bookmarks and notes when I use the Library app on my Android phone.
williamsilva

Post by williamsilva »

I've discovered that on my phone and tablet my scripture markings are fine. when I use my desktop computer my marking are not shown - I'm at a loss. is there something I can do to correct the issue?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”