How to COMPLETELY remove the app to reinstall

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ddewolf

How to COMPLETELY remove the app to reinstall

Post by ddewolf »

With recent W10 updates, my Gospel Library no longer works. It is not possible to switch between tabs, and the bookmarks vanish, or are there but cannot be used. I have reset, reinstalled, and restarted the app, and restarted Windows 10 numerous times, but nothing seems to fix this issue on my Surface Pro computer. Do you have a list of all Windows 10 registry entries that could be removed so that a completely clean install could be attempted?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to COMPLETELY remove the app to reinstall

Post by jdlessley »

When you uninstalled the app did you reboot the computer before reinstalling? Doing it that way will clear any orphaned registry settings. Just make sure there are no orphaned folders and files before rebooting also.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ddewolf

Re: How to COMPLETELY remove the app to reinstall

Post by ddewolf »

Yes, as I said, I restarted multiple times. As it turns out, the problem was with the app. When I contacted the techs directly, I was told they knew of an issue and only a couple of days later had fixed it and were testing the fix by updating the Beta app. When I installed the Beta app 5.1.6.0, everything worked again. I noticed a number of people asking about the vanishing or inoperative bookmarks and tabs. This is the fix, and I think you should encourage everyone to try the Beta app first, before they think there is something wrong with their computers.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”