mapping members who are unmapped

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
esthernadineashford

mapping members who are unmapped

Post by esthernadineashford »

I'm on the RS presidency and for various reasons I'm fulfilling the calling of President at the moment. With the EQP we are going through the ministering list to better serve the needs of the ward.
This is proving difficult as lots of the members are unmapped within the ward directory.

I have suggested that we place the pin for members who are currently unmapped and then we move forward as it makes the task easier.

Ive now been told that someone once heard, but cant remember from who :roll: that you cant map a member without their permission. Surely this has been given by virtue of the fact they put their address in to the church system?! We are not adding anything to peoples details, just ensuring that their address is mapped correctly on the system. I'm not removing anything from the system either. I just want to make sure that the correct address is pinned so we have an accurate map of the ward.

Am I correct in my thinking or do I need to contact each family and get their permission to map their address correctly within the church system.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: mapping members who are unmapped

Post by scgallafent »

There is no Church policy that prohibits you from doing that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

esthernadineashford wrote:Ive now been told that someone once heard, but cant remember from who :roll: that you cant map a member without their permission.
Perhaps it was related to publishing their address/location - such as putting it on a map posted on wall. As long as you are working within Church systems, you should be safe. Working with that same data outside of church IT systems can get you in trouble.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
esthernadineashford

Post by esthernadineashford »

Thank you for the replies.
I will only be using the information in the church site. I thought I had it right but always good to double check. Time to get peoples homes in the right places and their ministers knowing where they are.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

esthernadineashford wrote:Thank you for the replies.
I will only be using the information in the church site. I thought I had it right but always good to double check. Time to get peoples homes in the right places and their ministers knowing where they are.
They can always use the member's address from the ministering information in any mapping software on a phone or GPS device. I have found that, while Google Maps is mostly reliable, sometimes Bing maps has more accurate address information.

Return to “Reports and Forms”