Parents Getting Notification for Children's Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
lhgarfield

Parents Getting Notification for Children's Circles

Post by lhgarfield »

I set up notifications for my circles by going to the circle and pushing the 'information' button (a circle with an "i" in it) at the top of the screen. Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and turned on the notification toggle button.
However, the notification toggle button is not an option on my children's circles. Could this option be added to the app so I know when information is posted about my children's youth meetings and activities ?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Parents Getting Notification for Children's Circles

Post by jdlessley »

lhgarfield wrote:However, the notification toggle button is not an option on my children's circles. Could this option be added to the app so I know when information is posted about my children's youth meetings and activities ?
It is suppose to be automatic for parents/guardians of youth as listed on their membership record. Reminders for the app within the phone reminder settings must be turned on also. That part is not automatic when the app is installed. You have to specifically turn it on. If that has been done and the notifications are not working you can send feedback using the Send Feedback link found in the app in the Profile > Support section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
maughan_j

Post by maughan_j »

I have found that is the case with Primary aged children. But not the case with youth over 12. I would love for it to be automatic for all my children over 12.
teribao

Post by teribao »

My wife and I have experienced the same thing. We have all notification settings on, we get notifications for our own circles but never from our daughter's circles in YW. We need to manually open the app and check all of her circles for anything we missed.

Return to “Gospel Living App”