Can anyone tell me why Member Tools is so finicky?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
CamJPete

Can anyone tell me why Member Tools is so finicky?

Post by CamJPete »

This is has got to be the most challenging part of my calling. I need to call people or look people up all the time. Member tools constantly freezes on me or will not let me sync. Just loops in sync mode forever. Has happened for years. Sometimes it works, but much of the time it does not.

On a more general topic, I for the life of me can't figure out why this app appears to receive such little attention from the church when it comes to quality. It has an average of 3 stars, with as many 1 as 5 stars in the app store. It's probably more complicated than I realize, but it seems like there are very small businesses that have apps that work significantly more reliable than this app. I've tried, but can't seem to get the revelation I need to know the members phone numbers so I can call...hence, I am reliant on this ineffective man-made tool. Please give me a printed ward directory back.
davesudweeks

Re: Can anyone tell me why Member Tools is so finicky?

Post by davesudweeks »

CamJPete wrote:This is has got to be the most challenging part of my calling. I need to call people or look people up all the time. Member tools constantly freezes on me or will not let me sync. Just loops in sync mode forever. Has happened for years. Sometimes it works, but much of the time it does not.

On a more general topic, I for the life of me can't figure out why this app appears to receive such little attention from the church when it comes to quality. It has an average of 3 stars, with as many 1 as 5 stars in the app store. It's probably more complicated than I realize, but it seems like there are very small businesses that have apps that work significantly more reliable than this app. I've tried, but can't seem to get the revelation I need to know the members phone numbers so I can call...hence, I am reliant on this ineffective man-made tool. Please give me a printed ward directory back.
Keep in mind, you are not the customer for the Member Tools app. The customer is the priesthood department who sets the programmer's priorities. Your best bet to provide feedback to that department is to use in-app feedback from your settings page. There is little likelihood that comments posted on this user-to-user mutual help forum will get to those who direct the programmer's priorities.

When I served as ward clerk, I always provided a printed ward directory to any member who requested one. We have a few members who don't own a smart phone - some don't have a computer at home.

Return to “Member Tools”