Parent-Training Program Formatted Similar to SRS

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
MaryReasOden

Parent-Training Program Formatted Similar to SRS

Postby MaryReasOden » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:09 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to make suggestions like this, but I don't know where else, so if it's not here, please redirect me!

I was just thinking about what a powerful skill-building tool the Self-Reliance Seminar (SRS) courses and materials are, and as one with a background in Social Work and mental health training, I would LOVE to see a program formatted in the SRS pattern, but with the purpose of teaching communication skills in family, especially for parent-child relationships. There are many benefits I see in my mind, and I believe it would be a VERY well-attended course, as most parents (and children) in the Church WANT to learn appropriate skills for having a happy family, before issues develop, and especially before they become serious enough to warrant professional therapy or more drastic interventions.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Parent-Training Program Formatted Similar to SRS

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:08 pm

It's best to take it up with the priesthood leadership to talk to their presiding authority. Alternatively, you can use the feedback link on the main church page. The decision-makers for that kind of thing do not visit the forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”